1. We leave on our honeymoon in 1 month and 7 days (not that I’m counting or anything) I seriously cannot wait to relax by the pool and on the beach and have a man in a hawaiian shirt bring me fruity umbrella drinks all day long. I suppose I better get looking for cute honeymoon clothes (i.e. swimsuits and dresses because thats really all I plan on wearing).
2. This weekend is my first free weekend in what feels like ages. I can’t wait to get outside and enjoy the weather, grill some food, play some lawn games, and maybe kick back with a few these beauties. (Leinie’s Summer Shandy plus Berry Weiss = pink lemonade)
3. Yesterday I wore the same perfume that I used to wear back in undergrad and I kept having smell flashbacks to the good old days. At one point I actually felt like I was sitting at a terrace table, eating Babcock ice cream, listening to The Profits. (for those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, that’s okay. For those of you that do, I love you!)
4. Iowa grows massive spiders. They are every where, and give me the heebie jeebies. Last night there were 2 gross wolf spiders trying to make their way in through the patio door.
We Josh killed one of them, but the other one got away and is still somewhere outside (hopefully) trying to make its way in. Help!
5. Don’t tell my husband, but after he left for work this morning I made myself pancakes. Most mornings I’m super rushed, but today I had a little extra time on my hands to I decided to eat breakfast sitting down (not in a car). He is under the impression that I run around like a crazy person trying to get ready after he leaves. Today that wasn’t the case, and I’d rather not have him thinking I’m spoiled
6. I officially signed up for the Women Rock half marathon last night. It’s in St. Paul, Minn and I’m super excited! The whole course runs along the Mississippi River so it should be beautiful. There are also pink tech jackets, champagne, gems, chocolate and fire men involved. I think it will be a good time