I’ve been missing lately. Well not really missing, just absent from the Internet. If you follow me on Instagram you may already know that I was in California for the week at a conference for school. The week was chock full of new information, interesting presentations, tons of free pens, meeting new friends, good music, Disneyland, and very little sleep. Here’s just a small taste of what my week looked like.
Good Friday morning! Today is normally the day that I reveal my baking friend for the month. Well, things happen. Life happens. So I promise to share my lovely goodies really soon!
This weekend Josh and I are going home for Easter and I am so excited. As much as I hate driving endless hours home, I love spending time with both of our families. And what a reason to celebrate too. Easter. Jenna wrote one of the most beautiful posts about the Easter season yesterday that you guys have to check out.
And for some reason this morning, my excitement made me think of this video. I love Kristen Wiig so much! Enjoy.
1. Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo – LOVE this stuff!!! With winter’s cold dry weather and classes being busy as ever I can’t afford to wash my hair every day. (All honesty here folks, no judging please) This stuff is amazing! I’ve tried several dry shampoos and this one is by far my favorite. First, it’s like 3 dollars at Target. Second, it smells amazing. Third, it lets me go at least a day longer between shampoos. Soaks up the oil, gives amazing texture… They says it’s as good as Bumble and Bumble and I would have to agree.
2. Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt – We buy 3 giant containers of this at a time at Costco. 1 6oz serving has 18 g of protein and 100 calories. I used to be a Chobani freak, now I’m a fah-yay convert. I always buy the plain, then use it in recipes, or add vanilla stevia drops and fresh fruit to make my own yogurt creations.
3. Blood Oranges - I love blood orange season. These pink/red gems are only in season for a short time each year. They are slightly sweeter than normal oranges, and look absolutely beautiful in recipes. Perfect for Valentine’s day coming up.
4. Rose Gold Heart Ring – Speaking of Valentine’s day. I am in lust with this dainty rose gold ring. I’m normally not one for jewelry with hearts, but this ring is just so dainty and beautiful.
5. YOLO – Personally I think that SNL has been a little lacking this season, but this digital short with Adam Levine had Josh and I in stitches (do people still say that???) last weekend. My favorite part was around 0:35 – protect your ears people!!!
I’m sorry, but I have to apologize to you guys. I’ve been holding out on you. Holding out on one of my most loved kitchen secrets. The one recipe that I make more often than anything else in my kitchen. It’s the one that I’m pretty sure hooked me the man of my dreams. It’s what I make when guests come over, when there is a Packer or Badger football game on, when it’s freezing cold out… Pretty much any day of the week that ends in “Y”, I make this recipe.
This recipe gold is Cha Cha’s White Chicken Chili. I can remember my mom making this chili when I was growing up. I always wanted to know who Cha Cha was, and why her chili was so gosh darn good. Now when I make this I have to make a double batch so we have enough for lunch for the week.
As I’m typing this I realize how ridiculous I must sound right now, but it’s that good. Trust me people. I wouldn’t steer you wrong.
I guess the reason I haven’t shared my secret with you yet is because 1. it’s not my recipe and 2. it’s so super easy and fast (aka – it doesn’t look like an impressive recipe, but totally tastes like it). But as I made this chili for the umpteenth time Saturday night for the Packer v. Vikings game (GO PACK!) I knew that I had to let you in on this stuff. It seems criminal not to.
I hope you try it out and add it to your recipe rotations.
Oh, and I always make Jenna’s green chile cheese cornbread for good measure. Because you can’t have chili without cornbread. You just can’t.