As most of you know, I turned one last weekend. My little blog is growing up…
I was curious to look back at the past year to see what you guys liked most about it. I mean, I know that I love cake a whole heck of a lot, but I don’t want to keep posting cake recipes if you all hate it. But that would be just crazy-talk, because who hates cake???
I also thought I would share my favorite things from the past year. Those that I had the most fun baking, making, and picture taking.
Your top 5 favorite posts:
5. Iced Caramel Macchiato Cake – Also, my 100th post. I’m sensing a theme here… This cake is the coffee house favorite in pastry form. I dream about this cake. No lies.
4. Chickpea Shawarma Salad – One of the first posts, and also most delicious. I think I need to make this again and take some prettier pictures. This chickpea salad is super delicious and makes the perfect lunch or light dinner. It is also my “most searched for” recipe. And I recently discovered it’s the first page that comes up when you google “chickpea shawarma salad”! Crazy!!!!
3. Operation Wedding Cake – Part 3 – Cake… more of the same. But different. Yes, I made my own wedding cake (and groom’s cake) and it was deceptively easy. Perfect vanilla almond cake, blackberry mousse and white chocolate buttercream. I can’t wait to eat it again for our anniversary.
2. Wedding Recap – Getting Ready – Fun pictures and pretty dresses. Love this too!
and your number 1 post…
1. Pumpkin Mug Cake – Who needs wedding cake when you cake make this super simple and delicious “cake” in your microwave in 2 minutes?
And now my favorites… This was really hard.
My all-time favorite thing to share with you was my wedding recap series. Obviously. Marrying my best friend. Baking a cake. Celebrating with all of my family and friends. Doesn’t get much better than that.
My second favorite thing to write about is Charlie. Who knew a little fur ball could occupy such a large part of your heart? Ugggh I just want to stay home with him and play all day long.
My all time favorite dessert that I’ve made is my Dark Chocolate Grasshopper Cake that I made last week.
My all time favorite meal is my Caramelized Leek and Parmesan Soup,
So now tell me… what are your personal favorites?